What’s Allowed / Not Allowed at the 2017 Roots Picnic?
- Small Bags, Purses, Backpacks, Totes (subject to search)
- Personal Snacks (must be in a clear 1 gallon ziplock bag)
- 1 20oz Sealed Water Bottle (1 allowed per fan)
- Empty Water Bottles / Camelbacks
- Portable Phone Chargers
- Personal Point & Shoot Cameras
- Electronic Cigarettes
- Small Tote Umbrellas
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to:
- Weapons of Any Kind
- Illegal drugs/substances of Any Kind
- Drug Paraphernalia of Any Kind
- Lawn / Beach Chairs (for the safety & comfort of all patrons, we will not be allowing chairs at this year’s Picnic)
- Glass Containers
- Laser pointers
- Animals (except service animals)
- Wallet chains or spikes
- Professional Cameras
- Video or Audio Recording Equipment of Any Nature (including sports action cameras like GoPros)
- Balls of Any Nature
- Objects that Can Be Used as Projectiles such as Glow Sticks
- Laser Pointers
- Large Banners or Posters
- Promotional Material of Any Kind
Please note that there is No Re-Entry at Roots Picnic.
Where is The Roots Picnic?
The Roots Picnic will take place at Festival Pier at Penn’s Landing, on the Delaware River Waterfront (corner of Columbus Blvd & Spring Garden St). More info on Festival Pier available at www.FestivalPierPhilly.com
When is The Roots Picnic?
Saturday, June 3rd, 2017.
How can I get tickets?
Tickets are on sale now at Ticketmaster.com, Live Nation Box Office, TLA Box Office, Ticketmaster Outlets or by-phone at 800-745-3000.
Keep in mind, the show has sold out almost every year, so make sure to get your tickets in advance! You won’t be sorry!
What’s the deal with parking?
There is a cash parking lot adjacent to the venue, plus city kiosk street parking. There are also public transportation options (bus, train, hoof it etc…).
What time do doors open?
Doors open at 11am. Show starts at noon. Box Office will be open at 11am.
Are there VIP Tickets?
More info on VIP Tickets can be found here.
Do kids under a certain age get in for free?
Everyone over 2 years of age must purchase a ticket.
What can I bring with me?
Check the list above!
Is there re-entry?
No. Once your ticket is scanned, there is no re-entry.
Are there ATM’s?
It’s raining, is the show still happening?
Roots Picnic will be held rain or shine.
What kind of food and vendors are on-site?
There will be an eclectic variety of local food and merch vendors on-site for your eating and drinking pleasure.
Can I get a refund if an artist cancels?
While all artists are confirmed to play Roots Picnic, artists are subject to change without notice. Refunds will not be issued if an artist cancels.
Are tickets general admission or reserved seating?
All tickets are general admission.
How do we get there via public trans?
There are several ways, but the fastest and easiest is to take the Market-Frankford subway line from 30th & Market (just across the street from the train station) eastbound (towards Frankford Avenue) down to Front & Spring Garden. This will put you about a block or so from Festival Pier.